DCS & IT/OT Network Engineer/Technologist
We are currently recruiting DCS & IT/OT Network Engineer/Technologist in our Calgary, AB office.
About InnoTech Engineering
InnoTech Engineering Inc. is a leading systems integration firm specializing in full automation system life cycle planning to ensure technology delivers safe, secure, and reliable services for our customers. We are a vendor independent organization harnessing the experience of our recognized industry professionals to meet our customers’ business objectives. We bring leading industry knowledge, experience, and technology application to deliver high value to the most challenging and demanding projects.
We are looking for an Intermediate or Senior DCS & IT/OT Network Engineer/Technologist with a broad background in IT/OT and intermediate to advanced level experience with network design and cybersecurity. Must have a track record of working in a plant environment integrating Industrial Control Systems (ICS) with business networks. Preference will be given to candidates with Distributed Control System (DCS) design, implementation, and commissioning experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, the team member’s primary responsibility will be focusing on design, implementation, and commissioning of client’s facilities’ Distributed Control Systems (DCS) as an integrated component of client process control systems.
- The successful candidate will also support the design, maintenance, and integration of client’s facilities’ OT networks.
- Prepare conceptual engineering solutions including scope of work, cost estimates, and implementation planning.
- Identify DCS system reliability issues and take the required action to resolve them in a team environment involving Operations, Maintenance and Process Engineering.
- Develop and implement long term DCS system upgrades and maintenance plans.
- Design, implementation, administration, documentation, and support of all network devices within OT networks.
- Ensure redundancy and stability of all critical network devices.
- Ensure that OT networks are designed and maintained as per recommended procedures and practices.
- Apply vendor-approved anti-virus updates, Windows patches, and hotfixes on a regular basis.
- Support the development of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans. Support the implementation of those procedures.
- Support the implementation of OT Cybersecurity Standards.
- Perform health assessments and security audits.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of network monitoring and management systems, including configuration management and network health checks.
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this position’s responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A technical diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- Four or more years of experience with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and information management systems in an industrial environment; prior experience in network administration or OT cybersecurity is an asset.
- Experience supporting cyber and networks assets in an operating facility.
- Experience with managing virtualized servers and workstations, enterprise server hardware, and firewalls; network management and monitoring (e.g., SolarWinds); system backup and restore.
- Preference will be given to candidates with DCS experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience implementing ICS cybersecurity standards (e.g., IEC 62443, NIST SP 800-82).
- Experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, or electrical power systems.
- In addition to the technical components of the role, the team member must demonstrate a questioning attitude, a desire to improve, accountability, and collaboration, including strong communication skills and the ability to build functional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers.
- Willingness to travel – travel to customer sites will be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please email your resume and cover letter using the form found at innotechengineering.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
Expected Start date: October 31, 2022
Work Remotely: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Following AHS guidelines.
Application deadline: October 19, 2022