OT Cybersecurity Network Engineer/Technologist
We are currently recruiting an OT Cybersecurity Network Engineer/Technologist based in Western Canada.
About InnoTech Engineering
InnoTech is an engineering company focused on Operational Technology (OT) spanning instrumentation, electrical and automation infrastructure. Our team consists of highly skilled engineers, technologists, and technicians with vast experience, capable of handling both small and large OT projects while also providing support for day-to-day facility operations. InnoTech’s primary services are Controls (PLC, DCS, SCADA), Electrical (low and medium voltage), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) engineering, and OT Lifecycle Planning and Cybersecurity.
If you’re chosen for this role, you’ll join our team of highly skilled engineers and technologists to successfully deliver project objectives for our clients. You will provide technical leadership and support as a member of our project teams, applying and developing your knowledge in design, implementation, and commissioning to solve problems, creating value for our clients. Your broad background in industrial OT environments and extensive experience with network design and cybersecurity are key to your contribution in serving our clients.
You must have a track record of integrating Industrial Control Systems (ICS) with business networks. Preference will be given to candidates with Distributed Control System (DCS) or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) design, implementation, and commissioning experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to an Engineering Team Lead, your primary responsibility will be focusing on supporting the design, maintenance, and integration of client’s facilities’ OT networks.
- You may also design, implement, and commission client’s facilities’ DCS and/or PLC systems as an integrated component of client process control systems.
- Prepare conceptual engineering solutions including scope of work, cost estimates, and implementation planning.
- Design, implementation, administration, documentation, and support of all network devices within OT networks.
- Ensure redundancy and stability of all critical network devices.
- Ensure that OT networks are designed and maintained as per recommended procedures and practices.
- Apply vendor-approved anti-virus updates, Windows patches, and hotfixes on a regular basis.
- Support the development of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans. Support the implementation of those procedures.
- Support the review and implementation of OT Cybersecurity Standards, including the development of gap analysis reports.
- Perform health assessments and security audits.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of network monitoring and management systems, including configuration management and network health checks.
- Identify DCS or PLC system reliability issues and take the required action to resolve them in a team environment involving Operations, Maintenance and Process Engineering.
- Have the ability to travel to client sites.
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this position’s responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A technical diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- 4+ years of experience with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and information management systems in an industrial environment; prior experience in network administration or OT cybersecurity is an asset.
- Experience supporting cyber and networks assets in an operating facility.
- Experience with managing virtualized servers and workstations, enterprise server hardware, and firewalls; network management and monitoring (e.g., SolarWinds); system backup and restore.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience implementing ICS cybersecurity standards (e.g., IEC 62443, NIST SP 800-82).
- Preference will be given to candidates with DCS or PLC experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong scripting and data management skills.
- Experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, or electrical power systems.
- In addition to the technical components of the role, you must demonstrate a questioning attitude, a desire to improve, accountability, and collaboration, including strong communication skills and the ability to build functional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers.
- Willingness to travel – travel to customer sites will be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Expected Start date: Summer 2023
Remote Work: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time Permanent, Contract
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Application deadline: July 28, 2023
If you can see yourself working in our collaborative work environment to help lead the engineering revolution, apply now by filling out the application below!
We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.