We are currently recruiting a Project Manager in our Calgary or Edmonton, AB office.
About InnoTech Engineering
InnoTech is an engineering company focused on Operational Technology (OT) spanning instrumentation, electrical and automation infrastructure. Our team consists of highly skilled engineers, technologists, and technicians with vast experience, capable of handling both small and large OT projects while also providing support for day-to-day facility operations. InnoTech’s primary services are Controls (PLC, DCS, SCADA), Electrical (low and medium voltage), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) engineering, and OT Lifecycle Planning and Cybersecurity.
Reporting to the InnoTech Project Management Office Leader, the successful candidate will manage multi-disciplinary teams, will be responsible for providing technical project leadership, support, knowledge, experience and to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality results.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, monitor, and oversee multiple projects at a time to deliver the engineering design, implementation, integration, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and start-up services.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Managing scope, cost, schedule, quality, functionality, and customer expectations
- Develop schedules, financial reports and other Project Management related documentation as required by customers
- Communicate effectively and manage all project team members, including vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, and the client as necessary for project execution and coordination
- Working with the customer to understand and ensure compliance with all applicable customer engineering and safety standards, practices, procedures, documentation requirements
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards
- Managing change requests from the client, suppliers, for effect on overall project scope, schedule, and budget. Consulting with the client to get approvals prior to implementation
- Drive the project lifecycle from proposal to close out of a project, delivered to the customer on time and on budget by engaging with the InnoTech Business Development team on the front end to add input to scope, budget, schedule to ensure an awarded project is practical with relation to project execution lifecycle
- Directly engaging with engineering and design resources to ensure project delivery is met on time and on budget
- Influencing project stakeholders to produce results in the customers’ best interest
- Working with InnoTech Project Controllers to setup projects, manage project changes, schedule fabrication, material delivery, and invoicing milestones.
- Having knowledge and experience with site installation scopes of work for turnkey project execution and management
- Maintaining accurate project financial reporting including forecasting of expected costs, identifying reasons for cost differentials from project bid, to execution, to completion
- Work with your team and other business units to find solutions to project roadblocks
- Identify and manage project risks and issue through collaboration with the sponsors, stakeholders, and team members
- Manage project documentation records and requirements from customers with assistance from the project engineering team and document control group
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office and engineering team leads to ensure project resourcing is met and to drive internal process improvements
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/business or Technology Diploma/Certificate or equivalent
- 5+ years of Project Management experience on industrial control systems projects is a must (preferably on Oil & Gas and/or Pulp and Paper industries)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Professional engineer designation (P. Eng.) and able to stamp drawings and documentation, is not mandatory but would be an asset.
- Must have a strong technical engineering background and project experience in either control systems and system integration or electrical engineering.
- Broad understanding of instrumentation and control technology with common engineering tools and work processes
- Successful history of small to midsize project management
- Strong entrepreneurial skills with experience in developing and managing client relationships
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management and schedule management, and methods of analyzing and reporting project performance on financial and other KPIs
- Experience creating and maintaining schedules (MS Project or Primavera) is an asset
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of project professionals; concurrently managing issues, scope and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements
- Experience with on-site commissioning and startup of industrial automation systems
- Client management/support experience
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel; travel to customer sites may be required
- Must be a current Canadian resident and have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis
Please email your resume and cover letter using the form below. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
Expected Start date: September 18, 2023
Work Remotely: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Following AHS guidelines.
Application deadline: August 11, 2023