Pulp & Paper Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineers and Technologists
We are currently recruiting Senior, Intermediate and Junior Pulp & Paper Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineers and Technologists based in our Calgary, AB office.
About InnoTech Engineering
InnoTech Engineering Inc. is a leading systems integration firm specializing in full automation system life cycle planning to ensure technology delivers safe, secure, and reliable services to our customers. We are a vendor independent organization harnessing the experience of our recognized industry professionals to meet our customers’ business objectives. We bring leading industry knowledge, experience, and technology application to deliver high value to the most challenging and demanding projects.
Successful candidates will participate in multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver project objectives for our clients. They will be responsible for providing technical project leadership, support, and knowledge in design, implementation, commissioning, and ongoing client value delivery.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, the team member’s primary responsibility will be focusing on design, implementation, and commissioning of client’s facilities’ Distributed Control Systems (DCS) as an integrated component of client process control systems.
- Develop and implement long term DCS system upgrade and maintenance plans.
- Prepare conceptual engineering solutions including scope of work, cost estimates and implementation planning.
- Identify DCS system reliability issues and take the required action to resolve them in a team environment involving Operations, Maintenance and Process Engineering.
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this position’s responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in design or maintenance of Pulp & Paper DCS platforms is required. Experience with Valmet DCS in a design or maintenance role is preferred.
- A technical diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- 2+ years of experience with industrial process control systems in a design and/or maintenance role is required.
- In addition to the technical components of the role, the team member must demonstrate a questioning attitude, a desire to improve, accountability, and collaboration, including strong communication skills and the ability to build functional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers.
- Willingness to travel – travel to customer sites will be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please email your resume and cover letter using the form below. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
Expected Start date: 2022-08-29
Work Remotely: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Following AHS guidelines.
Application deadline: August 19, 2022