Re: InnoTech Engineering – COVID-19 Response
Dear Valued Customer;
I am providing a communication update to you, our valued customer relative to our most current COVID response strategy. Our commitment is to do our part to prevent the spread of this virus and as such, we remain committed to respond in accordance with the guidelines provided by provincial and federal government health authorities.
- Although InnoTech maintains adequate office space to ensure distancing is achievable, we are asking our staff to work remotely where possible.
- While in the office, InnoTech staff will be directed to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres at all times to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Since staff breaks are not regulated, we encourage our staff to plan their breaks accordingly and minimize congestion in the lunch room or other common areas.
- Staff workspaces are distanced enough and have dividing walls for separation, plexi-glass or high-walled cubicles would not be required to maintain appropriate separation.
- Everyone coming into the office must use hand sanitizer before entering. This includes exit and re-entry during the day for any reason. Hand sanitizer is supplied at reception and throughout the office.
- Everyone is responsible to disinfect their own office/cubicle work. Use of supplied disinfectant wipes to clean the surface of laptops, keyboard, mice, and any other office equipment is required each day.
- Staff are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (greater than 60% alcohol content).
- Staff are encouraged to use respiratory etiquette (e.g., coughing or sneezing into a bent elbow, promptly disposing of used tissues in a lined garbage bin).
Screening for Symptoms:
- Self-Monitor – all staff are responsible to monitor their own well-being/health. If there is any question of being sick or having come into contact with someone who is, they are required to stay home and self-isolate for at least 10 days and until no further symptoms exist.
- Anyone with symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat should complete a self-assessment and get tested for COVID-19, if indicated. Anyone with these symptoms (that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition) is obligated to be in isolation for 10 days from the start of symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever takes longer.
- Nearly all the tasks that staff perform in their daily duties can be performed from a home office should they have to self-isolate or stay at home to take care of someone who is ill.
- InnoTech also offers a reasonable amount of paid sick days to its employees that can be used in-case of illness.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – where distancing measures cannot be maintained:
- Staff are asked to supply their own masks however, gloves and masks are supplied in the office if needed.
- Masks are mandatory except for when working in your office or cubicle. This includes visitors.
- Appropriate signage is in place at the reception area to inform all those entering of any policies or procedures that are in place.
- All staff are responsible for following precautions and for ensuring that others, including customers, are following the precautions as well.
- InnoTech maintains updated staff contact information so that they may be contacted in the event of a known exposure.
For further information or details, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We look forward to working together and supporting you through this challenging period of time.
President & CEO